Llanfyllin Rubbish Collection
- General waste in wheelie bins or purple bags is now only collected once every three weeks.
- Recycling is collected every week.
- Rubbish in wheelie bins needs to be bagged, and the lid must be closed. You don’t need to use purple bags in the wheelie bin.
- You can purchase additional purple bags from Powys Council at their office at the Library.
- Collection for Llanfyllin town is usually early on a Tuesday morning except when Christmas or New Year fall on a Wednesday.
- If you find your kerbside boxes aren’t enough you can apply to Powys for additional boxes here http://www.powys.gov.uk/en/bins-rubbish-recycling/get-a-new-bin-or-box-household/
- Powys will collect large or electrical items for a fee – please see their website for latest prices and policies and to book a collection.
- Nearest Household Waste Recycling centre is at Severn Road, Welshpool, Powys, SY21 7YE.
- The recycling facilities in the car park have been removed.
WHAT CAN GO IN THE BINS?
|Plastic and Cans||Paper and Card||Bottles and Jars||Food waste|
What can go in
|Clean food & drink cans
Clean plastic bottles (Rinsed, squashed, lids removed)
Plastic bottle tops & lids
Metal bottle tops & jar lids
Clean plastic food trays
Clean pots & tubsAny items displaying the following triangles:
1 PETE / 2 HDPE / 4 LDPE / 5 PP
|Newspapers & magazines
Catalogues & telephone directories
Shredded paper (in an envelope or
wrapped in paper)
Flattened cereal boxes & other card
Brown card (must fit in box)
|Clean glass bottles and jars
|Leftover cooked and raw food
Meat, fish & small bones
Vegetables & fruit
Stale bread, cakes, pastries
Rice, pasta & beans
Tea bags & coffee grounds
What shouldn’t go in
|Crinkly plastic & film
Plastic magazine wrappers & bags
Dirty cling film
Large plastic items
Yoghurt pot lids
Any items displaying
the following triangles:
3 V / 6 PS
Large bits of brown card
(too big for the box)
Glass cookware (Pyrex)
|Any type of packaging
Food trays, containers,
plastic bags & foil.
(flowers & plants)
& straw from
If you have any further information on this topic please contact us or use the comment section below.