Llanfyllin High School
Llanfyllin High School is a co-educational comprehensive school of approx. 875 pupils from the age of 11 to 18. It serves a wide rural area of about 200 square miles and about 16% of the pupils have Welsh as their first language. Pupils from fourteen primary schools normally attend.
Llanfyllin is a small town of about 1,200 inhabitants and the school is pleasantly and centrally situated in the extensive grounds of the former Llwyn Hall. The school was built in the 1950s to replace an earlier building and was considerably extended in the early 1970s. The school completed a £2.2 million extension and remodelling programme in 1998 providing a high standard of accommodation and resources.
All departments are in specialist suites including a Drama Studio, Theatre and several ICT suites. All classrooms are well equipped with up-to-date interactive technologies linked to the school network to support teaching and learning.
Theatr Llwyn is a large performance and events hall fully fitted with stage lighting and sound system enabling us to further develop our performance opportunities.
Our grounds include spacious playing fields, quiet seating areas, a mountain bike trail, MUGA (Multi-use Games Area), allotment area, climbing wall as well as an all weather area.
Llanfyllin high School, Llanfyllin, Powys SY22 5BJ
Mr Mike Jones, Headteacher
If you have any further information on this topic please contact us or use the comment section below.
- Bin collection days to change from February 26th January 31, 2018
- Mayor’s Coffee Morning January 28, 2018
- Maintenance work in Llanfyllin – tenders invited January 22, 2018
- Yoga classes restart for the new year at a new location January 5, 2018
- Vyrnwy Mission Area Administrator wanted December 28, 2017
- Llanfyllin Christmas Market 2017 Meeting on
- Businesses on
- Events on
- Llanfyllin Civic Society on
- LLANFYLLIN WILL SOON HAVE A COMMUNITY ORCHARD! on
and last modified on March 21st, 2016 at 10:28 pm