March 28th, 2016
Hi can anyone help.
I am currently facilitating a project in North Montgomeryshire called MontytraX . This project is partnering with SUSTRANS and Powys County Council and most of the Community Councils in North Montygomeryshire Our aim is to promote existing walking and cycling routes and bridle paths in the area as well as look to see if we can develop routes using parts of the old railway line , back roads, grass verges, to make a comprehensive network and connect with the National Cycle Network, Montgomeryshire canal and others. we hope to make a circular route in the area and develop where there has been interest local community circular routes. The different tracks available will be graded for the different types of use according to difficulty and type.
To achieve our goal we need to complete a feasibility study and I am making an application for this funding by this Wednesday 30th March
Please can you help. Whether you are a family, business or organisation in the Llanfyllin, Llanfair or Welshpool catchment area
or have belonged to the area could you send a letter of support to Montytrax@btinternet.com
The benefits of developing a signed route and where possible safe off road cycling and walking routes are immense. Powys and the Welsh Assembly is keen to promote cycling and walking in order to enable us to travel more freely by bike or on foot but also to capture a part of the cycling tourism market. It can bring in much needed money to our area, provide business opportunities and improve our own quality of life.
Please share this with people in your community you know would like to support this initiative and send in a letter of support to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thankyou for reading this
If you have any further information on this topic please contact us or use the comment section below.
- August road closure of the B4391 Rhos-y-Brithdir June 9, 2017
- BBC Cymru Wales Debate Programme WELSHPOOL / Dadl wleidyddol BBC Cymru Wales TRALLWNG May 19, 2017
- Llanfyllin Good Citizen Awards 2017 April 19, 2017
- Monday waste collections to be binned March 3, 2017
- Powys to take over Cae Post kerbside recycling collections March 1, 2017
- Businesses on
- Events on
- Llanfyllin Civic Society on
- LLANFYLLIN WILL SOON HAVE A COMMUNITY ORCHARD! on
- MontytraX – a walking cycling and riding network in North Montgomeryshire on