Many residents of Llanfyllin and the surrounding area are still without a land line after the mid-February storms.
BT Openreach, which manages the telephone network, has declared a status of Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control (MBORC) for the area. An MBORC status means that more resources are being directed to the area, but it also indicates that there is no compensation cover for the end users.
According to one Openreach driver, 60 engineers have been drafted in to help with repairs.
With spotty mobile signal this still leaves many people vulnerable and unable to call for help in an emergency.
Are you still without a phone line? Add your comment below…
If you have any further information on this topic please contact us or use the comment section below.
- August road closure of the B4391 Rhos-y-Brithdir June 9, 2017
- BBC Cymru Wales Debate Programme WELSHPOOL / Dadl wleidyddol BBC Cymru Wales TRALLWNG May 19, 2017
- Llanfyllin Good Citizen Awards 2017 April 19, 2017
- Monday waste collections to be binned March 3, 2017
- Powys to take over Cae Post kerbside recycling collections March 1, 2017
- Businesses on
- Events on
- Llanfyllin Civic Society on
- LLANFYLLIN WILL SOON HAVE A COMMUNITY ORCHARD! on
- MontytraX – a walking cycling and riding network in North Montgomeryshire on