Many residents of Llanfyllin and the surrounding area are still without a land line after the mid-February storms.
BT Openreach, which manages the telephone network, has declared a status of Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control (MBORC) for the area. An MBORC status means that more resources are being directed to the area, but it also indicates that there is no compensation cover for the end users.
According to one Openreach driver, 60 engineers have been drafted in to help with repairs.
With spotty mobile signal this still leaves many people vulnerable and unable to call for help in an emergency.
Are you still without a phone line? Add your comment below…
If you have any further information on this topic please contact us or use the comment section below.
- Community Tidy Up August 9, 2017
- Class Acts to make you proud August 2, 2017
- Kangaroo Kid promises stunt thrills at Llanfyllin Show August 1, 2017
- Good news for our community High School – at last! July 11, 2017
- August road closure of the B4391 Rhos-y-Brithdir June 9, 2017
- Businesses on
- Events on
- Llanfyllin Civic Society on
- LLANFYLLIN WILL SOON HAVE A COMMUNITY ORCHARD! on
- MontytraX – a walking cycling and riding network in North Montgomeryshire on